Integrative Emergency Services, LLC (“IES”) is dedicated to cultivating best practices in emergency care, providing comprehensive acute care services, creating value, and supporting patients, employees, clients, providers, and physicians in pursuit of the highest quality health care.
Research and obtain verification of physicians’ medical experience, professional references, state licensure, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Controlled Substance Registration/ Department of Public Safety (DPS), medical education and training, board certification and institutional affiliations and work history; previous and current medical malpractice insurance. Evaluates data to ensure accuracy for client.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage assigned book of business throughout the initial and reappointment process.
- Prepare provider file for Baylor Quality Assurance, if required
- Create credential file and enter all pertinent credentialing information received from the provider initial and reappointment application, and upload supporting documents to the document vault in the company database
- Coordinate file review for accuracy and prepare discrepancies for quality review and approval
- Research and obtain verification of clinicians’ medical experience, professional references, state licensure, DEA, DPS, etc.
- Coordinate with hospital, /clinic centralized verification service, medical staff, and clinicians to complete privileging process, including any additional documentation, references, and applications using consistent follow-up as necessary
- Facilitate the State required collaborative agreement and APP supervision process
- Update credentialing section of the dashboard for each assigned book of business daily
- Maintain company database with current documentation, licensure, and updated demographic
- Maintain accurate site rosters with current privileged providers at all times
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Other duties assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite and database experience a must
- At least one year of credentialing experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Detail orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Ability to work mandatory overtime as needed