The Practice Administrator provides full support to Medical Directors and Administrative Staff. Is responsible for the planning and coordinating of provider scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks on site at hospital partner location. Ensures that policies and procedures are followed and ensures Emergency Department support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain strong relations with Medical Directors, Administration, Managers, providers, nursing, hospital and IES personnel.
- Ensure timely completion of fair and adequate provider schedules. Import schedules into databases and release to providers. Maintain the monthly provider schedules to assure all shifts are covered and schedules are up-to-date in all databases at all times. Resolve call outs in a timely manner. Provide input into issues of staffing and productivity. Provide education to providers regarding scheduling policies.
- Finalize all schedules and submit accurate payroll data by specified due dates and time lines. Assist in analysis regarding payroll discrepancies or issues when requested.
- Provide administrative support to the department to include the Medical Directors, providers and support staff. Assist leadership team with support on operational issues. Communicate day-to-day operational issues with Directors, Administration and Managers.
- Provide support for key hospital personnel (RN Manager, Nursing and Med Staff)
- Assist with retention of hospital clients through meeting client expectations to ensure contract renewal.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, agendas, minutes, and calendars. Answer and screen provider calls. Participate in and organize STUDER sessions and LEAN forums. Coordinate AIDET rounds. Schedule and track leadership rounding. Coordinate visits/training with vendors/visitors.
- Identify operational/training needs to improve Emergency Department customer service. Ensure client satisfaction regarding contracts, problem resolution and site operations. Facilitate and promote communication and relationships among clients, providers and IES.
- Implement and maintain employee records (e.g. CVs, contracts, QSP, credentials, complaints, compliments, Press Ganey)
- Maintain monthly clinical dashboard and office dashboard as needed for operational meetings.
- Liaison to all Emergency Department providers to facilitate communication and provide support. Facilitate connections with appropriate personnel for further assistance when required.
- Run reports as assigned. Track and trend important data points. Monitor and report appropriate metrics to include QSP, bounce backs, complaints, pneumonia, asthmas, SEPSIS, etc. Prepare monthly Qualitick reports.
- Assist with development and execution of operational strategies and planning activities. Provide input and adhere to all processes.
- Provide financial feedback in regards to breakeven points for projects, budgeting and proposals to insure site remains within budget.
- Assist with the recruitment of providers. Coordinate interviews and travel schedules as needed. Maintain communication with Credentialing, Enrollment and Payroll.
- Consult with Management and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of resources.
- Ensure new hires are oriented, trained and new hire checklist is completed. Coordinate training/educational courses to include shadow/orientation shifts.
- Schedule and prepare provider evaluations.
- Serve as a notarized official for the Emergency Department.
- Assist in and maintain compliance with Strat Plan objectives.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Health care experience preferred.
- 6 months scheduling experience preferred.
- Recruiting experience in previous position a plus.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office and other desktop systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated skill in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous and rapidly emergent tasks.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with management, business units, vendors, suppliers and customers.