First, Second, Third Place, and Honorable Mention
Based on the judging criteria, all submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges who are known experts in the delivery of healthcare. The top five posters will be announced on Friday, February 26, 2021, and the primary author must submit a written summary of their poster, that when read aloud, does not exceed 60 seconds.
The top ten selected posters will also be submitted to national conferences in healthcare for contest judging, such as EDBA, SAEM, ACEP, TCEP, etc.
- Originality: How original is the concept presented in this poster? Or, how original is the new approach to an old problem?
- Significance: How significant are the poster’s conclusions in increasing understanding of a disease process, or in improving the diagnosis or treatment of a disease state?
- Presentation: How logical are the ideas presented in this poster? How interesting is the manner of presentation? How clearly written and free of significant grammatical problems is the abstract?
- Methods: If applicable, how suitable is the research design for the stated objectives, and how appropriate are any statistical techniques applied?
- Visual Impact: How effective is this poster visually? How valuable is each figure and graph in furthering viewers’ understanding of the research subject?
2020 POSTER WINNERS
First place: The Impact of Multi-Modal Analgesia in the Emergency Department. The aim of this study is to investigate the role of Multi-Modal Analgesia (MMA) associated with the quality of patient-centered care at study ED. Poster Authors: Jessica Kirby, DO, FACEP; Laurimay Johnson; James d’Etienne, MD, MBA; Hao Wang, MD; Amy Ho, MD, FACEP; Chet Schrader, MD, FACEP; Garrett Cross. Click Here to view the poster.
Second place: The ALTO® Program uses targeted non-opioid medications, trigger point injections, and nerve blocks to tailor patients’ pain management. Poster Authors: Robin K. Chan, DO; Toral Bhakta, DO; Eric Chou, MD. Click Here to view the poster.
Third place: Can an Emergency Department Heart failure (HF) Guideline Reduce admissions in the BSW Irving ED? Seamus Lonergan, MD; Bob Risch, MD; John Garrett, MD; April Lorance; Barb Klausing RN, Ann Tuck, RN. Click Here to view the poster.