Integrative Emergency Services, LLC (“IES”) is dedicated to cultivating best practices in emergency care, providing comprehensive acute care services, creating value, and supporting patients, employees, clients, providers, and physicians in pursuit of the highest quality health care.
Ensures the proper preparation and accountability of the Emergency Department charts for the purposes of coding and billing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work Missing and Suspended report on a daily basis.
- Work items on report from older dates of service forward.
- Reconcile missing or suspended list with required lag time for provider documentation.
- Engage with clinical staff and/or practice administrator in order to obtain proper information for coding and billing of charts.
- Maintain copy of billing information to print, scan, and send documents for billing.
- Obtain a copy of current Emergency Department log on a daily basis.
- Submit chart information and count records to ensure reconciliation with the Emergency Department log.
- Collect critical care documentation of procedures, such as procedures performed in ICU/hospital and obtain/pull charts, demographic, and insurance information for Floor Call billing.
- Communicate with revenue cycle vendor, as needed, to appropriately move accounts out of suspense status.
- Answer phone calls and handle inquiries.
- Adhere to HIPAA and other compliance standards.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Ability to work from the corporate office or at facility site
- Basic proficiency in MS Office, including proficiency with MS Excel
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Customer service experience
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and/or maintenance of medical records
- Previous billing experience