Program Director: Jessica Mason, MD, FACEP
EMERGENCY MEDICINE Medical EDUCATION FELLOWSHIP
Board-Certified or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine.
The Emergency Medicine Medical Education Fellowship at JPS is a two-year program designed to offer a base of knowledge in academic Emergency Medicine, provide mentorship and career development opportunities, and guide the fellow towards a niche that makes them an invaluable faculty member.
- Located in Fort Worth, Texas, John Peter Smith Hospital is a part of the greater Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
- County Hospital: Level 1 Trauma Center, Stroke Center, Chest Pain Center, and Geriatric Certified ED.
- 125,000+ annual volume ED with additional 50,000+ annual volume Urgent Care.
During the first year, the fellow will gain a breadth of knowledge in many topics pertinent to Emergency Medicine education. Through mentorship, monthly meetings, and journal club, the first-year curriculum covers the following topics:
- Education theory
- On-shift teaching
- Academic promotion
- Professional development and CV review
- Education scholarship
- Program leadership
- Emergency Medicine curriculum and conference
- Digital scholarship
- Feedback and evaluations
- Medical student clerkship
Applicants should email the following items to be considered:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent
If offered an interview, the applicant should provide two letters of reference, including one from the applicant’s program director. We accept applicants from the United States who are board eligible or board certified in Emergency Medicine.
For more details visit: https://fortworthem.com/fellowships/