Lead Chart Coordinator
Integrative Emergency Services, LLC (“IES”) is dedicated to cultivating best practices in emergency care, providing comprehensive acute care services, creating value, and supporting patients, employees, clients, providers, and physicians in pursuit of the highest quality health care.
Ensures the proper preparation and accountability of the Emergency Department charts for the purposes of coding and billing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists medical staff by answering inquiries and locating patient records; retrieves requested data.
- Provides technical assistance to medical records staff on questions involving forms, procedures, and record retention.
- Participates in the design of patient information systems involving: receiving, storing, processing, and communication of data.
- Monitors chart entries to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Serves as department liaison for outside parties with inquiries regarding departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in the production of forms, records, and reports reflecting Medical Records statistics and patient data.
- Conducts chart analysis, reconciliatons, makes corrections, and coordinates record investigations[FJ1] .
- Provide support in the design, development, and implementation of patient information systems, to include receiving, storing, processing and communicating data.
- Leads weekly chart coordinator huddle calls.
- Monitor and manages missing and suspended charts and escalate appropriately to cure chart deficiencies.
- Works with all sites to resolve outstanding issues while maintaining chart coordinator duties for assigned sites.
- Adhere to HIPAA and other compliance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associates degree in Medical Administration, business, or closely related field.
- Two-year experience in medical records.
- Strong knowledge of medical records and terminology.
- Knowledge of medical-oriented software.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Ability to work from the corporate office or at facility site
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed
- Basic proficiency in MS Office, including proficiency with MS Excel
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization